Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Kinich kak Moo Pyramid Izamal Mexico



I visited kinich kak moo last week and I am due of a post for you archeo- freaks!
Before I start my post I was reading today on the Internet, archeologist usually well actually the entire scientific community it's very careful when they published their findings or their hypothesis in some cases if the claims are too out crazy their entire career gets ruined and are cast away by a bunch of boring committee! 




The great thing about being an independent non archeologist, is that we can make crazy hypothesis as far as the imagination goes and actually instead of being ridiculed or cast away into the science hell, our ideas are praised and even taken seriously, I wish the scientific community was more open minded, if we did we could had a more open minded society! But meanwhile to the freaks :)



And to the story, I visited this ancient site during a business meeting in izamal, one if the biggest if not perhaps the biggest church in the yucatan, and behind the presence of an omnipotent Christian edifice, there lies one if not the must important ancient pyramid monument not just in the yucatan but in mesoamerica!!




That is kinich kak moo the second biggest pyramid in the yucatan, completely swallowed by the 21st urban landscape, the ancient Mecca gave me a feeling of emptiness, I strongly believe pyramids hold an immense powerful energy and pyramids feed of our energy as well on a symbiotic relationship, unfortunately this beautiful and once potent kingdom is now casted away by the shadows of 21st century!


It felt cramped by houses and urban landscapes, many of the 360 pyramids in the izamal valley are under constant threat and this Holy temples are used only as romantic places or a good spot to get drunk, of course many people still hold respect and pay honors to this ancient structure, just I guess I am a Puritan or a fanatic and wish this places were kept more taken care off..




According to modem archeology there are a super highway of sacbes connecting Ake 29 km west, kantunil 18 km south, the city it's more than 2700 years old.


Must of the ancient buildings were build to honor the sun deity kinich Ahau and itzamana a type of Christ for the maya and one of the must important characters in Mayan mythology..


I was here briefly so I need more research and time, I am planing to bring ascension adventures members here during our maya expedition quest in December until then and thank you fit following!!

Much love
We are one!
Guillermo Alarcon

 

1 comment:

  1. What a treasure! Beautiful stonework. It's like an old ancestor watching over his children, without them being aware. The picture of Ahau looks a bit fierce but I like his headgear - he must have looked very exotic.

    ReplyDelete

Followers