Monday, September 1, 2014

Bucharest Romania to Istanbul Turkey via land into the heart of Mesopotamia!!

Blessings Neuronauts!!


It's been many moons since my last post on this travel adventures, so I prepared you a very informative, detailed step by step travel tips in how to reach turkey from Europe and visit one of the most remarkable and mind blowing ancient sites on planet Earth!


Adjusting time clock towards the oldest ancient site on the planet, preparing Sumerian civilization, that is the one and only gobletlipeke! Bordering Syria, turkey and irak!


Trough out this journey I'll be visiting numerous important sites along the route so stay tune for the next editions of this travel diary!!



My journey begins in the post communist city of Bucharest, an incredible city, a melting pot of activism and up and coming consumerism paradigm, I stayed for a few days with a collective of artist, working to create a new chapter in the cultural revolution that Romania is currently undergoing! 


My goal is to reach the Syrian border 



But first need to reach the thriving city of Istanbul, there are various ways of reaching it:


1.-Via Train ( leaving daily around 12:00PM in the afternoon ) with a cost of €50.00 Euros on coach.


2.-Via Bus ( Leaving daily around 4:00PM in the afternoon ) with a cost of €37.00 Euros on coach.


I took the bus option, the quality of the bus is 8😍 stars :) it had a TV on every seat ( I did not use it ) USB charging station that for sure comes in handy, and a bus attendant type with a Eastern European type of attitude serving drinks like water and Pepsi.




The strange thing in the bus is that you are allowed to smoke in the back of the bus!! Out of my decade of travels the only place I seen this happen is in China and that's because it's impossible to control the people not to smoke, so that was weird and difficult specially because I just quit smoking!!



We crossed the border between Romania and Bulgaria, kind of Russia's backyard type of feeling, the country side was beautiful actually it reminded me of Portugal with adobe houses and colorful roofing tiles, mostly farms and country side houses, I didn't get to snap any photos because the bus was moving and was difficult to catch moving objects! 



After 4 hours we made a brief lunch and bathroom stop in Bulgaria forest 

The bathroom cost is $1.00 Lei, the food was overpriced €5.00 Euro so best bring your own array of drinks and snacks for the voyage..




I walked around the forest for a while and snapped this pic of it..


All right time to get back on the bus and continue the journey!!


Weird ultra ghetto gas station :)

   



I was on a dark musical mood so I listened to my favorite death metal band "Evol" a lot of EDM like "Hocico" "Suicide Commando" "Combichrist" then fell as sleep with some high vibrational harmonics from Jonathan goldman.


We made a a midnight stop in the middle of the night, the stars were shinning and got some nice fruits from local farmers..



Our bus is lead by this brand new black Mercedes, with a mafia looking guy don't ask me what this guys are up to all I know is they are leading our bus, perhaps from other gangster bus companies or whatever!


After we got back on the bus about to cross I to turkey border the bus people gave us all 2 bottles of exownsuve liquor to smuggle them to turkey I was like wtf!! This people really trying to make a buck on this ride!!



I just comply and went with the program, we crossed the turkey border and guess what? They asked me to stop in a free duty store across the border to buy them cigarettes and more alcohol and as reward they bought me a lentil soup hahaha!!



After another few hour ride we made it to Istanbul I was shocked to see this great city as a high tech urban exotic Islam and ottoman architecture, mind blowing!

We arrived around 5am and had to walk around looking for a hotel, unfortunately everything was full and exownsuve so I had to take a €50.00 Euro hotel for the night!



Well this is the part #1 adventure of the expedition to Turkish greatest oldest sites stay tune for the next transmission and thank you for following my adventures! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers